Monday, February 3, 2014

#35 - Reunion Dialogue as of 2/3/14


Thank you, Kozuma, for your email on January 12, 2014. Being the good 8th Grade Class President that you were, you kicked it into gear!

"Howzit Gangees,
So what?  Can or what?  I'm willing to start the planning, but how many are interested?  I can host at my house, or try to book a couple of cabins at Bellows in Waimanalo, my treat.  Let me know. Happy Birthday Alan.  Of our classmates, isn't he the first one to turn 54?"

- Erick
*******************
"OMGoodness!
Already? Wow!
We have to do this.
Let's put out some possible times in the year.
FYI...the flights to Hawaii are cheaper in the Fall and at other sporadic times of the year. I vote for mid October. 10/17-19/14. That'll give us time to prepare.
Thank you, Kozuma, for offering to host the gathering. It would also be fun to do something at the school. Auntie Lois P will be able to help us with that. Either way....
Thank you for the email.
What do the rest of you think?"
 -Reynette

*******************
"Let's do it!  Although fiscal year-end may be a little tough for me... you
know us FMer's need to keep $$$'s flowing so that Erick and Val don't have
to worry about it (wink).  If that's what we agree on, I'll see what I can
do to make it work.  Mahalo's"
-Ginnie
*******************
"Hi all,
Sorry for dropping of the face of the earth. This past year was very trying
on both personal and work life.
This gathering is great, count me in and let me know how I can help.
 Aloha"
-Alan
*******************
"Thank you for the email! I have to let you know that I will be home at the end of June for my nephew's wedding. (June 28th) The wedding is on O'ahu so I will be there for a few days and then heading to Maui to spend time with my husband's family. I don't think I will be able to make another trip in the fall... I will already be back in school."
-Urdene
*******************
"Aloha everyone!
 So this is really happening??? Hank and I have talked about it for a year, and we are soooo looking forward to seeing everyone.  My problem is that I don't think I will be able to leave once we are there.  If there is one place in the world I would want to retire to, it is Oahu.  I watch HGTV and their Buying in Hawaii and I cry.    
So, keep us in the loop and we will start making plans.  Wonderful work!
Hau'oli Makahiki Hou to you all! And a great year it will be!"
-Toni L
********************
"Good morning all,
I'm glad the ball is rolling again for our reunion. I must say this early in the planning stage that we can't make it in October but are able to go the end of June. I had to bid for my vacation days back in November & it is difficult for me to change them."
-Billy
********************
"Hi Urdene!
If we had a reunion in June, what day could you spare for us?
ps I am sitting here in Billy's dining room with Tony I and Alan M. "
-Reynette
********************
"I LOVED reading the blog! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Yes, I remember asking if we could be altar girls! We were just so progressive ( still are!) Haha! Got your email about dates in June. I have to talk with Jed and figure out what's going on with the wedding. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. We were busy winning the SUPER BOWL this weekend, so time was short!! Woot-woot!! Talk to you soon!"
-Urdene "Go Hawks!!"
********************
"Hey Gang,
I spoke with Toni L this morning.
The good news:  She and Hank are very well and busy in Florida.  Their son Mycah is miraculously improved and also in Florida, though not with them.  They are completely willing to come to California or to postpone the reunion until next year.  They are as determined as Kim and me to make it to this reunion. 
But the bad news: Toni has a commitment in June on Block Island; it is a promise that she cannot change.
So we seem to be back to square one. 
 
A final note, she was flattered to be remembered and thanked for her efforts on costumes and music for The King and I and admits (with a great deal of laughter) that she is still involved in similar pursuits.
 
Mahalo all." 
Tony I
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment